Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Full Time Management Opportunity at our new Amherst Health Center opening in December
Position is approximately 60% patient care providing diagnostic and therapeutic services approximately  40% is administrative.  Supervisor ensures effective and efficient operation of the designated regional locations. Coordinates and oversees daily operations in conjunction with the manager. Ensures staff compliance with hospital policies and procedures and provides support for clinical operations.
1. Ensures efficient and effective operation of the designated Rehabilitative regional sites.
2. Ensures optimal staff performance.
3. Provides Manager with pertinent information related to the department.
4. Performs designated therapy services.
5. Represents division philosophy and services to other disciplines in the hospital.
6. Assists in coordination of special projects as needed.
7. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psych/social, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
8. Other duties as required.
1. Experience in clinical pediatric therapy is required.
2. Experience in supervision/management is preferred.
3. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
4. Experience in healthcare is required.
5. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Proficiency in Epic or other EMR software is required/preferred.is preferred.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Bachelor's or Master's degree in Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy or Speech/Language Pathology is required.
2. Certification: Appropriate licensure in the State of Ohio is required.
3. Years of relevant experience: 3-5 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: 0-2 years is preferred.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more:
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.