YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Speech Therapist TN AdventHealth Winter Park
201 NORTH LAKEMONT AVENUE, Winter Park, 32792
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family: We offer great benefits with immediate Health Insurance coverage Career growth and advancement potential Whole Person Wellbeing Resources Our promise to you: Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: On call - TN Shift: We are looking for an SLP (not CFY) who can offer availability a 2-3x/week to cover the core team’s PDO, LOAs, etc. - Days
The community you’ll be caring for:
• Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando • We offer great benefits with immediate Health Insurance coverage • Career growth and advancement potential • Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America • AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country • We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you’ll contribute:
Evaluates and Conducts medically prescribed Speech Language pathology treatment programs.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Assesses patient ability to safely and effectively perform speech language, cognitive and swallowing skills
• Designs and Implements a treatment plan of care utilizing Practice Standards and recommended techniques and modalities, insurance guidelines and patient's needs. Monitors patient response and progress to treatment and modifies treatment plan as appropriate.
• Documents and Charges accurately, completely, and timely using measurable and objective terminology, following standards of practice, insurance guidelines and department /hospital policy and procedures
• Provides discharge planning assistance and information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and follow-up services
• Oversees the care provided by therapy aides, according to established regulations and practice standards
• Meets productivity standard as defined by department
• Communicate appropriately and effectively with patients, family and health care professionals within and across care settings and communities
• Handles and disposes of hazardous waste following established protocol. Consistently adheres to department's radiation dosimetry process, including meeting all badge return deadlines in a timely manner
• Attends department meetings and education as required
• Practices principles of professional development and performance by maintaining clinical knowledge, using best and/or evidence-based practices, and serving as a clinical instructor
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Basic Life Support - CPR Cert
Speech Language Pathologist
• Certificate of Clinical Competence by American Speech & Hearing Association (ASHA)
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.