Banner Health believes leadership matters. We look for people who share our vision making health care easier, so life can be better. Our leaders are at the front of the health care transformation, planning the future of Banner Health.
Banner Home Health is a four-star home care agency and the largest in Phoenix. Our structure is set up to provide Home Health Nurses multiple avenues for support that isn't available at other agencies - a field preceptor, an IT specialist, a dedicated scheduler, a nurse preceptor during orientation (available every day to help with documentation questions and challenges), an in office team of QI specialists, documentation support specialists, a telehealth team, 11 clinical managers and in office triage support. This structure is designed to assist field clinicians in managing their caseload appropriately and not feeling "alone" in the field! We recognize that our nurse case managers are the key to a successful journey with home health Banner Home Health is committed to supporting our team members to make home health the best place to work and the best place to receive care
Home Health Therapy Supervisors will work 70% in the field, and 30% supervisory functions. Therapy supervisors will supervise a team of 15-20 therapists by geography and will report to the senior management team. You will be accountable to clinical best practice, implementation and use of successful paraprofessional teams, productivity, documentation, and clinical outcomes. Supervisory experience is important, but not required and understanding of the home health industry, best practices, and field experience is crucial. The position located in Sun City West, AZ.
Ranked in the top 25 percent of all home care agencies in the United States, Banner Home Care is the largest nonprofit, free-standing home care agency in Arizona. We provide intermittent health care for patients of all ages in the comfort of their home. Our home care team is experienced, compassionate and professional, and the results prove that Banner Home Care measures better than the national and Arizona average in almost all Medicare Quality Compare patient satisfaction results. Banner Hospice have been providing comfort care for the past 10 years in the Phoenix Metro area. The goal is to support quality of life, honor the wishes of patients, maintain the dignity of the individual and support the family through their grieving process. Inpatient Home care is also available for respite care and symptom management. The Banner Hospice Team can provide comfort to the patient and family by alleviating symptoms, by providing meaningful help and by creating an environment to develop lasting final memories.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is integral to organizing and leading the Rehab Therapy service line, in adjunct to the department leader. The position brings day-to-day clinical oversight into focus and, with the department leader, leads daily operations of the therapy continuum.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides clinical leadership and direction to improve clinical and service outcomes.
2. Hires, trains, conducts performance evaluations, and directs the workflow for the staff. This position is also accountable for participating in the development and implementation of department goals and objectives.
3. Leads daily operations of the department; may serve as subject matter expert in developing, implementing, and monitoring guidelines supporting strategic initiatives. Ensures the staffing plan effectively utilizes resources appropriately based on competency, skill-mix, and number of staff.
4. Facilitates and provides patient focused interdisciplinary care ensuring age and clinical-appropriate care. Maintains own clinical awareness and competencies to assure competency of therapy staff; may act as preceptor/mentor.
5. May assist in investigation and resolution of patient or provider concerns. May round on patients, providers, and team members to enhance service. May assist in development of new processes that result in efficiency or enhancement of services provided. Role models behaviors consistent with Banner Health values.
6. Seeks opportunities to build/strengthen relationships with providers, hospital peers and co-workers who contribute to the success of the service line. Identifies opportunity to improve service or program growth.
7. Participates in the development of the department budget in conjunction with established goals and objectives. Plays a key role in ensuring budgetary goals are met on an annual basis.
8. In conjunction or adjunct to the department leader, this position holds accountability for leading their assigned department team and shares operational responsibility for both internal and external customers; integrating services; improving patient care; ensuring effective communication and care delivery systems; and facilitating decision making related to clinical practice issues.
Graduate of an accredited program in Occupational, Physical, Auditory or Speech Language Pathology.
Must hold current licensure and or certification in their respective discipline.
Four years (minimum) of clinical experience - with two years related to patient population, staff development, and scope of practice is preferred. Must demonstrate and maintain a high level of professional knowledge and skill in concepts, principles, techniques, and procedures of their discipline. Must demonstrate excellent customer service, interpersonal communication, problem-solving skill, and the ability to plan, lead, monitor, and plan processes. Employees working for Banner Home Care/Hospice must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Graduate degree in discipline preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.