At Banner - University Medical Group (BUMG), we're creating a world class medical organization that brings together a leadership team committed to a physician-focused structure, while navigating the challenges of moving from a volume-based to value-based health care system.
At the Banner University Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinic, we provide corrective jaw surgery for congenital and acquired anomalies, as well as routine surgeries such as wisdom teeth extraction, routine dental extractions and dental implants. As an Oral Surgery Assistant at this clinic, you will perform Panorex Imaging, and support the set up and take down of procedures in the clinic. You will be managing instruments and supplies for in-office procedures, and supporting medication management.
This is a full time day shift position: Monday-Friday 8:00A-5:00P
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for providing assistance to Oral Surgeon such as receiving patients, patient preparation, viewing chart, assisting surgeon during procedures and updating and maintaining patient records. This position is responsible for preparing surgery areas and patients for operations, assisting surgeons with general anesthesia and intravenous sedation procedures.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Maintains a clean environment to by ensuring surgical tools are properly cleaned and sterilized prior to patient treatment
2. Obtains medical and dental history, updates patient medical charts by accurately inputting electronic medical records about performed procedures, progress, recommendations, and other subjects in the patient's charts
3. Transfers surgical instruments to oral surgeons, checks vital signs or maintains IV fluid flows during surgery and prepares surgical dressings as needed
4. Ensures equipment used by the oral surgeon is properly controlled and maintained
5. Keeps track of supplies and ensures adequate clinical supply inventory
6. Participates in Perfect Patient Experience (PPE) by attending to individual patient's concerns within scope oral surgical assistant role
7. Provides patient care and maintains records in accordance with federal, state, and organization requirements
8. Coordinates with the rest of the office team and participate in department team huddles
9. Position has regular contact with patient with patients suffering from facial and head trauma. Performs a wide variety of skills and procedures. Has freedom to determine how to best to accomplish functions within established procedures, confers with physicians, clinic manager and/or senior practice manager. Interacts with oral surgeons, clinical and support staff to carry out plan of care.
Knowledge as normally obtained through graduation from an Accredited Dental Assisting Program.
CPR certification required
Minimum of 1-2 years of related experience.
Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, excellent phone etiquette and customer service skills.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R16076
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.